Balestier Heritage Trail
One of Singapore’s most prized historical areas, Balestier offers visitors an up-close look at its unique history and culture. Visit monuments marking the 1911 Chinese Revolution, wander streets lined with landmark buildings showing off a 180-year architectural history, explore shops of vanishing trades, or sit back and enjoy a traditional meal of chicken rice at one of the many eateries that celebrate Singapore’s diverse heritage. Grab a copy of the Balestier Insider from our concierge before heading out to explore the area!
Entry to the area is free.
Varies by business.
- Birthday of Deity Tua Pek Gong
- Wan Qing Dumpling Festival
- Wan Qing Mid Autumn Festival
- Singapore Heritage Festival
- HomeTeamNS Karaoke Party
- Heritage Trail Walking
- Guided Tours
- Food Tours
- Whampoa Market
- Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall
- Maha Sasana Ramsi Burmese Buddhist Temple
- Loong Fatt Eating House and Confectionery (Tau Sar Piah)
- Pre-war Terrace Houses
- Kim Keat Road – Traditional Bakeries & Lam Yeo Coffee Powder
- The Former Shaw Malay Film Studios
- Corner of Boon Teck Road – Water Kiosk
- Balestier Market
- Goh Chor Tua Pek Kong Temple
- Masjid Hajjah Rahimabi Kebun Limau
- Art Deco Shophouses
- Church of St. Alphonsus (Novena Church)
- Balestier Point
Who was Joseph Balestier?
This French-born planter and merchant was the first US Consul to Singapore, serving from 1837-1852. Balestier owned a huge, 1,000-acre sugar cane and cotton plantation, and today Balestier Road runs alongside his former estate.
For whom was the Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall originally built?
Constructed in 1901 for businessman Boey Chuan Poh, this classical colonial style villa was originally named Bin Chan House. It has a rich history, serving alternately as a private residence, military headquarters and chamber of commerce building until it was designated a memorial in 1994.
Your Lodging Of Choice
Distance from attraction: minutes away
Specials: Specials & Packages
Why Stay at Ramada by Wyndham Singapore at Zhongshan Park?
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Adjacent to Zhongshan Mall
- Complimentary Shuttle Service to Novena MRT Station
- Complimentary Wi-Fi access and Local calls